It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Pre-Patch and Now

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Lima

Re: Pre-Patch and Now

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Vahire wrote:
Lima wrote:
Vahire wrote:Edit oh and since you brought up my 45-40 i'd just like to say that that was my last week of vacation. Im now sitting comfy with 14-10 on my ram company which is the first week I play it and still get positive win-loss due to stupid OP golem.

Sry but,how can you consider something stupidly op when you are "only" 14-10? We both know you played this game plenty of time,you know the mechanics and stuffs.If it was really that op,you would have a better ratio than that,exept if you played against really goods players all along.Dont get me wrong,i dont say it's not op but i wont go as far as saying it is.I played 5 times now against a golem and won 4 times.

For me it's too soon (just 4 days) to say what is op or not.

And as i said,the matchmaking is not good enought to have a relevant ladder.

Figures, you quote the only part of my post that has nothing to do with the issue but my excess free time 3 weeks ago. I cant have a discussion with people like this.

Almandro maybe you are right those skellys with hard-boiled are really nice, and 2 of them can handle 3 swordman yet they cost roughly the same. Golem is obviously a miss by devs and will be changed.

Vahire

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Lima wrote:So the nerfs are supposed to stop people playing certain compositions, instead of reducing its effectiveness, great insight into what you think nerfing means.

OP compositions that get 37-19, 45-40, and 33-10 win/loss ratios? As opposed to your 21-2 and Malice's 29-4? Now since both of you dont play the same comp I think that means only one thing. The nerf went way beyond the mega mage/sparks and the Xbowman and fang. They nerfed Valk (VALK omg i cant believe valk was actually nerfed), Swordman (yes they actually raised the ap cost of that piece of sh*t), and you still have to sacrifice too much to have 1 KoTL (1 KotL or 4 swordman? hum let me think surround mechanism ftw so still i'd take swordman.) Im sorry I cant speak for wolfen.

You talk about this ? I dont see any issue here.You were 45-40 top 6 and you did not play the op i was talking about.You were one of the only player with a kotl pre patch,even if the ap cost was too high.I said it in my edit,the ladder is irelevant because of the matchmaking and the "i farm i get points so i got a good rank".The issue was/is not about armys balance,but about how the ladder ranking system works.

Swordman are just garbage,i would take a 200 ap kotl instead of 5 of them for 100 ap,that's how useless they are.They dont tank,they dont do damage,you would use them only to surround an unit and thant for 33 ap each.Garbage unit as i said.

Yeah the way they nerfed the valk was too much,but you can still have a 93ap valk that can get a legendary/elite unit mid/low hp in 1 turn and give your archer a 100% accurancy.They did not kill the valk and the heal nerf would be legit if it was not this way.

Lima

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 2:36 pm

I said it in my edit,the ladder is irelevant because of the matchmaking and the "i farm i get points so i got a good rank".The issue was/is not about armys balance,but about how the ladder ranking system works.

Im not using the ranking system to show whose in top 10, im telling you to look at the win-loss ratio before and after the patch, I believe I underlined it on my post.

Swordman are just garbage,i would take a 200 ap kotl instead of 5 of them for 100 ap,that's how useless they are.They dont tank,they dont do damage,you would use them only to surround an unit and thant for 33 ap each.Garbage unit as i said.

Yes it was garbage before and it was still nerfed. 200ap thats 6 swords and if you pick that 1unit over 6 units and you are 24-2 thats goes to prove even more what I mean about this game no longer requiring intelligence just exploit of overpowered units/factions (before it was wolfen that was op, with the 3spark mega-mage that i didnt use as u point out i used 2 sparks and kotl but still got nerfed) and luck (gogo archers).

Yeah the way they nerfed the valk was too much,but you can still have a 93ap valk that can get a legendary/elite unit mid/low hp in 1 turn and give your archer a 100% accurancy.They did not kill the valk and the heal nerf would be legit if it was not this way.

Seriously? your talking about incarnation of justice on valk? so what if the opposing team doesnt have legendary? u've wasted 1/4 of your ap. Also as soon as you turn incarnation of justice on do you know what people with brains do? they get the nearest puppet skelly then have and then put your valk to 1/2 hp because incarnation of justice is a double edged sword. Yes you do 15dmg, but you take 10, from whatever source. As for 100% acc, I refuse to bring archers into my lineup because their dmg is too luck based, but to play lion now I have to, hence I dont play lion anymore (just lvl my chimera and lose most matches because the chimera is what it is.)

edit: Im sry I have to come back here for a second cause a question needs to be asked. Did you actually see someone be successful with an incarnation of justice valk, or are just saying words again like usual?

Vahire

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Im not smart because i dont play useless units,ok make sense.I think that's why ram players use the priest lvl 3,would be such a waste to not put 70 ap for an unit when you can have a gargoyl for 50 ap that does a diffrent but a much better job.Ho wait,no ram player use the priest ! God damn what a bunch of moron really.

If you cant understand that a lot of player not in the top 10 had better win ratio than your 45-40 with enought game for it to be relevant,there is nothing i can do for you.

I think im done trying to explain you how things works,you just dont understand anything and you are too narrow minded to even try to understand.Have a nice day.

Hod

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 pm

I say we set up a time for Lima and Vahire to play each other, promote it and then stream it on twitch. I for one would watch. We can even see if 360bets would let us gamble on the outcome.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

isgFaceless

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Hod wrote:I say we set up a time for Lima and Vahire to play each other, promote it and then stream it on twitch. I for one would watch. We can even see if 360bets would let us gamble on the outcome.

Lol that would be fun to watch. Speaking of streams, I'm actually streaming some 400 AP games tonight at 6pm EST until 8pm EST. You could come watch me fail at life and make fun of me :P
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Zendabo82

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm

I can't say whether the Lion or Wolf are balanced right now, all I can say is that Ram is balanced. I main Ram, have done so for a while now, and I find that their units are in a good place. Only changes I see that would help would be to raise the initial AP of a Golem to over 250AP, so that it can stay out of the Beginner Zone.

Almanro wrote: the Skeleton Warrior is the main problem, since its lvl2 ability (-3 dam) allows it to take 4-5 attacks instead of the usually 3-4 needed by the other basic units to die, so that it can be used as a stronger & cheaper enemy blocker especially in the tiny maps the current patch has introduced. Probably a needed fix is either nerfing its res or its AP value (not so much, just respectively a -1/2 RES or a +5/10AP), but firstly I would eliminate the invisible walls and tiny maps that can allow to use it as an sturdy wall.

Though I think the invisible walls need to go ASAP, I do not believe that Skeletons are too strong. They cannot dodge most shots, they will NEVER parry an attack from even an average ACC unit, and they have just as bad of accuracy as the archers. Their only real purpose is as a wall, and if that is taken away, you might as well remove them. Yes they are cheap, but that is a key feature, because otherwise it would be a no brainer between a Skull or several Skeleton. Currently, you can either get 3 hardboiled skeletons or 1 lvl 1 skull warrior. The skull can't wall as well but can do many times more damage. If the prices were increased, it would be hard to justify 2 hardboiled skeletons for 1 skull. The Skull would be able to do everything the skeletons can but also able to damage. As I said when outlining my thoughts on the Ram balance (and only Ram, since I don't have experience using the other faction), it is a choice between having a bigger wall or dealing more damage.

isgFaceless

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Zendabo82 wrote:Their only real purpose is as a wall, and if that is taken away, you might as well remove them.

I disagree with this statement as they can give Priest faith at level 3
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Zendabo82

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

isgFaceless wrote:I disagree with this statement as they can give Priest faith at level 3

Forgot that, my bad. But for most comps, they are used as a wall. And if their price is increased, having a faith battery for what is currently the only iconoclast priest being too expensive would render them much harder to use. They aren't full squish, but they aren't tanks by any stretch, so being forced to move your priest within range of melee units is typically dangerous.

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

i think skeleton warriors with hardboiled are ok...you are paying the right price for a unit that NEVER parries or dodges unless very lucky. It just soaks damage and the damage can be ignored by non-basic units. Ram needs "fat" meat walls.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum