It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

So, yeah... Legendaries for newbies. Great job.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deuzerre

So, yeah... Legendaries for newbies. Great job.

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 1:44 pm

I didn't even bother to play those matches.

250pts, Golem alone. Yeah. Cya, screw you, gg, kthanksbye. Like my new company, without anything that has Fierce, is gonna face that hulk of flesh.

Seriously. Legendaries, in the 250pts bracket? Why the freak is it even possible? Do you want to kick all newbies out of your game or what?

Add to that that against base compositions all they have to do is run in contact, and you get yourself a very dull match that will ruin any will for new players to have even a remote idea of what the game's strategic value is like. Well done, awesome balance. (Feel the sarcasm dripping).

Even in 400ts games they're barely acceptable. They're just too cheap for what they can do. I faced the same guy with a Worg twice. In one game, I managed to kill the worg but was killed by the two remaining support (and the guy made some major mistakes). In the other game he was still playing like a total idiot and lost everything except the worg.

Then I faced a Flesh golem, once again killed the whole retinue then the hulk of flesh only had to run in contact with each of my untis one by one. YOu can't dodge (too high accuracy) you can't shoot ( he targets them first or catches them since they can't run, and you do at msot 6 damage with fierce units or moderate damage but get raped in return by the massive damage. You can't cast spells, they get denied half of the time. You can shoot, but it can still dodge and is always in contact with one for your own.

The strategic value of the game has dropped down, it's incredible.

HuvalC

Re: So, yeah... Legendaries for newbies. Great job.

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 2:02 pm

I agree with this, even the Worg is too stronk

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 pm

but there were bottom limit of no less than two unit before - so golem shouldn't be possible at 250 - same for worg...

what happened to this limit ?
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deuzerre

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Probably workarounds like selling everything else or something. I dunno. Depressing still.

Deuzerre

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:21 pm

Ok, Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo.

It's broken, not worth playing and wasting my sodding time on this game. I had high hopes, but no. Elites in every battle, I really think there is no hope for balance in this game with the devs going that way. There really is no point in playing anything except legendaries at the moment. Strategic value= 0.

Goodbye.

Deathalus

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Deuzerre wrote:Ok, Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo..

oh, god, ONLY NOW i UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THAT CHORUS!!! xDDDD

Deep Blue

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Deuzerre wrote:Ok, Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo.

It's broken, not worth playing and wasting my sodding time on this game. I had high hopes, but no. Elites in every battle, I really think there is no hope for balance in this game with the devs going that way. There really is no point in playing anything except legendaries at the moment. Strategic value= 0.

Goodbye.

are you playing only in the 250 ap bracket?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deuzerre

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 pm

250-400, 5 games, not one without a legendary. Either Golem of Worg.

Worg can basically kill two units on turn one with the deployment "russian roulette" and I already expressed my views on the Golem. Too sodding cheap anyway.

Vahire

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Played 3 times against golem at 400,won 2 times.What does that mean ? i m a god ? :D

More srsly,legendary are strong but there is ways to counter the chimera and golem.I never played against the worg so i cant say much but just looking his stats he doesnt seems op.

isgFaceless

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 11:37 am

Vahire wrote:I never played against the worg so i cant say much but just looking his stats he doesnt seems op.

The biggest threat a worg poses is his DMG output. Encircle him to decrease his ACC and hit him with archers. Necromancers work best for creating frontliners.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."
Next

Return to General Forum