It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm

Are you sh*tting me?!

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

SoulCollector

Re: Are you sh*tting me?!

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Legulysse wrote:
SoulCollector wrote:Sorry but how exactly did you guys do that? I played a game yesterday night with a very bad company i was leveling up 3 necros + Black Paladin all level 1, in 1 fight (yeah a single fight) i got 3 injuries out of 4 units, the 3 injured were my necros. So if there is a limit of injuries per game i would like to know how that works.

3 injuries + 1 coma. This is only to avoid really bad luck (some people were getting 3 comas after a match).

Oh Ok, i guess i was ultra super unlucky then XD, at least i know what to expect now.
Thanks for the info.

p122ab0y

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Jigoku wrote:Hey guys,

just dropping by to say that we changed nothing about the injury costs with this patch.
All these costs are exactly the same than three weeks ago.

The only thing we did that is distantly related to injuries is that we severely limited the max amount of injuries received per game, and we added a very frequent drop of healing cards on matches end. That's all we did with this patch.

So, not exactly something "bad" for you.
Also, watch the language, please. This title (and some answers) are a bit over the top for a game mechanic that is several weeks (/months) old.

Have a nice day.

Sorry about the language, but that's the result of experiencing one frustration after another. Someone posted that it costed 28 healing cards (2800 ducats) to heal one injury. Does no one else think that that is ridiculous? You can buy 5 swordsman with that. I've never played a match that yielded more than 900 ducats (these tend to be very long matches too). So at that rate I have to play 3+ matches literally just to recuperate any loss from injury, during which time the chances of getting another injury is probably pretty high. I don't think it helps to point out that this issue is nothing knew and has existed 3 weeks ago. In my opinion this is a huge deterrent to player retention and loyalty. An issue that I think needs to be addressed with urgency.

On a lighter and more constructive tone, I think there's great merit in actively looking to balance a game such as this but maybe it would be easier on players if selective changes are introduced in a more incremental fashion rather than a massive dump all at once (in this case the massive dump was on lion). For me as a player when I have a hard time rationalizing a decision made by someone else, it causes mental stress, unease, frustration, etc. In psychology they call this cognitive dissonance.

Zeveross

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 7:36 pm

p122ab0y wrote:On a lighter and more constructive tone, I think there's great merit in actively looking to balance a game such as this but maybe it would be easier on players if selective changes are introduced in a more incremental fashion rather than a massive dump all at once (in this case the massive dump was on lion).

This. The devs keep making really wide sweeping changes from patch to patch. I hate to sound rude, but have you ever balanced before? You don't change multiple variables all at once (unless there is a VERY VERY good reason and it has been VERY thoroughly tested, which I can assure you this last patch was not - or was tested by poor testers), you do it incrementally.

I'm on the fence right now about whether I even give the game 1 more patch to win my loyalty. I love the potential, but nothing wins on potential alone.

lyoda

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Just my 2 cents. But you were healing a chimera, so 9 cards for me seems not to much.

William

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Hod wrote:28 Healing Cards! Are you sh*tting me?!

maybe lev 4-5 golem ;)

No, level 5 POB....28 cards...I have had it happen a few times now...Hurts the pocket book big time.

Hod

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

William wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Hod wrote:28 Healing Cards! Are you sh*tting me?!

maybe lev 4-5 golem ;)

No, level 5 POB....28 cards...I have had it happen a few times now...Hurts the pocket book big time.

Reason not to get a Level 5 Unit, me thinks.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deep Blue

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Hod wrote:
William wrote:

Reason not to get a Level 5 Unit, me thinks.

reason why the injury system is terrible and backfires at Cyanide....Who would spend real money to get an extra tax on your unit everytime it gets hurt?

other than that...i can't wait to test this patch once i have the time. So far most negative comments are from lion players and i still have to hear one wolven or ram player being angry...
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

isgFaceless

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 pm

Deep Blue wrote: So far most negative comments are from lion players and i still have to hear one wolven or ram player being angry...

I feel Ram has much more power verse other armies now. Before the patch I was having a hard time playing against Lion and Wolfen. Not so much the case anymore.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 9:40 pm

I feel Ram has much more power verse other armies now. Before the patch I was having a hard time playing against Lion and Wolfen. Not so much the case anymore.

i had problems only against about 40-50% wolfen zergs - Acheron can be really efectiv as long you dont waste ap on units not suiting your tactic idea ;)
Last edited by Dragon_Warrior on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Zendabo82

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 4:20 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:i have problems only against about 40-50% wolfen zergs - Acheron can be really effective as long you don't waste ap on units not suiting your tactic idea ;)

I love being able to move on from the "Everybody has a horde" phase, truly. Now I actually have a set up that works; Black Paladin lvl 4, Necro lvl 4, 3 lvl 2 Skeleton Warriors and 2 lvl 2 Skeleton Archers. Morbid Explosion and Wave of Death mixed with some Occult Erosion and Exhaustive Touch, I have something for everyone!

I feel that Lion got a little over nerfed, but almost all of the other changes seemed really nice, mainly the sparkling "Mage Battery" strategy and the Lonewolf's ability to pop out, cast, and hide away again. Minor nerf to Palladins, but they are still really strong, feeling truly balanced for the role they fill. Though I love that my Pally lvl 4 can take on 3 Fangs at once :D
Previous

Return to General Forum