It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 am

How to kill a game with one patch

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

isgFaceless

Re: How to kill a game with one patch

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Lima wrote:You sir are what I call an intelligent person.

Lima wrote:I do consider myself a strategist rather than a tactician and I would love to prove you wrong on your statement with a nice match. Unfortunately as you will see with this new patch that is no longer a possibilty, hence I started this thread.

I would definitely be up for that. When/if the devs change it back we'll have a friendly match. ;)
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Lima

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:27 pm

I cant believe im reading this and actually bothering to respond, but you just push all the wrong buttons Vahire.

You did not need any strategy to play this,that's the problem.It was juste,give mana to mage,give mana and heal,give mana and heal.Your unit were full hp,your mage had his 12 mana turn 1.That's mean any unit coming in range would die even turn 1 and for that you did not loose anything at all.

I can still do this now you moron. Its one thing I thought should be nerfed that didnt.

And with that you could add 2 archer that deal 10-15 damage with 70 to 100% accu thanks to the valk.You sat far away,harras with archers and finish with mage.

Archers, Valks, Sparks, and Mages, nice meatshield, you lost to someone playing like this?

I dont call that strategy,a bot could do it because it's just a circle that dont allow your ennemy to get close.And even if he did manage to rush your mage,you just had to use divine favor to disengage and spend your 12 mana to kill the unit.

Stop engaging the mage with a 150AP unit instead of a 30AP unit (unless you can actually hit him) and force him to use his mana on the low AP units.

Players using this comp i faced had crazy stats like 18-2 or 40-6,standing at the top playing something around the 3 sparks+mage combo.

No I played against those players and they used well balanced compositions with swordman and lions aswell. In your blind rage you have molded all the lion players you lost to in one super army that contains every unit you found difficult to handle. Besides there were ram and wolfen players with those stats (e.g Other).

Now you can do something similar,but it has a cost,you dont give the power to kill any unit to your mage for free,and that's why it's more balance now.

Not similar, besides being able to activate seal of dellar 3 times in one activation (which was OP and was well changed), I can still play my mage exactly the same, punishing your idiocy for attacking me head on with high AP units.

Scratch that now I cant punish idiots like you because all that stands now between you army and mine is 1 sprinting distance on some maps. Im starting to understand now why you like this patch Vahire.

Hod

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Let's settle this on the battle field... wait, that'll just give this more fuel.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Vahire

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Lima wrote:I

I can still do this now you moron. Its one thing I thought should be nerfed that didnt.

Stop engaging the mage with a 150AP unit instead of a 30AP unit (unless you can actually hit him) and force him to use his mana on the low AP units.

No I played against those players and they used well balanced compositions with swordman and lions aswell. In your blind rage you have molded all the lion players you lost to in one super army that contains every unit you found difficult to handle. Besides there were ram and wolfen players with those stats (e.g Other).

Not similar, besides being able to activate seal of dellar 3 times in one activation (which was OP and was well changed), I can still play my mage exactly the same, punishing your idiocy for attacking me head on with high AP units.

Scratch that now I cant punish idiots like you because all that stands now between you army and mine is 1 sprinting distance on some maps. Im starting to understand now why you like this patch Vahire.

Im the moron hahaha.So now you can still heal your spark with your other spark ,even if it's impossible.Man i wish i was that good really.

I played zerg, with about 8 30 ap units,and you talk to me about a 150 ap unit i would sacrifice.Plz try to use your brain sometime really.Mage can kill an unit or put 3 unit mid/low hp the same turn.Be Zerg a army or not it's the same.I stomped you so many time with my ram before this patch and you dare to say things like that.You were top 10 twice and still had stats like 40 win for 35 looses,made me laugh hard.

Sworden were useless,still are.Lion was not that good in the zerg meta,playing both was stupid.

I like this patch beacause unskill players like you dont have an easy time anymore.Keep crying,that's what you do best.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 pm

@Vahire - for gods sake stop insulting the people that played this game twice longer (or more).
Each patch had it's own meta - and each had more or less op units. But definitely the biggest problem of 0.12.08 was Fangs and harrasing Lonewolf-Guardian.

Lions - Healing Ball was annoying and wrong but it was barely overpowered only Vs very few companies. And in case of Danneran Sparklings i never lost Vs them (both puppets and skeleton warriors was effective shields against them) with my Acheron company - while i lost about 40% games Vs healing ball.

But once again the whole healing ball problem could be solved by one (10->5 healing or blocking spark->spark healing) not 5 nerfs.

Same wrong nerf was applied to KotL in 0.12 after 0.11 was closest to balanced version ever - based on elites maybe but both fast and tactical.

and once again - current deplyos are no way positive - its a roulette and nothing more - chess example few posts above was true as possible.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

isgFaceless

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 am

I'm currently 6-0 this patch as Ram. One player actually had a Worgen that was level 3 and was one-shotting most of my units at the 250 AP level. In the end encircling him and killing him with archers won me the game. I dislike the new deployments but its bearable at the moment.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I just realized we didn't speak much this week, I will try to answer to some of your main concerns.

Concerning the maps, we wanted to try some new approaches with the hexmaps before creating 3d environments and new maps, which explains the "invisible walls" syndrome. You can consider them as tests, but I agree that most of them lack clarity.

Concerning the heavy handed balance adjustments, we are still working on our deployment pipeline, which currently makes it hard for us to push regular small fixes, and instead forces us to make big changes before 2 weeks of silence. But it's one of our top priorities to make us able to react more quickly and more smoothly for the future patches.

Please mind that even if we don't say much, most of us read everything on the forum daily, and often make fixes just after reading.

Thank you for all your feedbacks !
Dogs of War Online - Developper

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Concerning the maps, we wanted to try some new approaches with the hexmaps before creating 3d environments and new maps, which explains the "invisible walls" syndrome. You can consider them as tests, but I agree that most of them lack clarity.

So i hope that this are only parts of future maps - there was a reason why anyone hated ancient Battlefield - and it was a good reason to hate any map ;)
Especialy while some of current maps are even smaller than AB.

as for balance issues and nerfs - i have no option to be certen of my judgments on current maps. Now i can only 'feel' or even "be - in theory - shure about" that something is wrong - but new map deployments changet too much that halv of the old and unchanged soft counters become herd ones - in bad way unfortunatly.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Hod

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 pm

I am glad to hear the invisible walls are not a permanent fixture. As the the deployment zone, I haven't played all the matches yet, but if as long as there are certain deployment zones that you know the enemy will not be in contact with, then it's find (i.e. if you put your units in a deployment zone in the center of the map, you shouldn't be surprised if the enemy units are there to. But if you deploy your units at the back of the map, then the enemy shouldn't be able to be right there next to you).
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Bousk

Site Admin

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi,

with the next patch, you should be able to see the deployment zone of your opponent.
So
you shouldn't be surprised if the enemy units are there to
;)
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum