It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:42 am

How to kill a game with one patch

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Vahire

Re: How to kill a game with one patch

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 3:53 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Ppl are just crying because they cant play their op anymore and need to think more ,usual stuff for all online games.

nope
becouse they knew how the game works and played it quite long time.

and you really can stop trolling

Must be that yeah.Thx for the joke.

Lima

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 4:41 pm

So what if one day someone in the chess world said: "hey guys I got a great idea to make chess more exciting! Lets start the game like this."

http://imgur.com/89bd5lT

What do you think would happen to that guy?

The lion nerf is a whole different thing that will get fixed in time, but this is just senseless.

Edit: I actually had to crop that img, I couldnt find any picture online with some1 stupid enough to do that.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 pm

So what if one day someone in the chess world said: "hey guys I got a great idea to make chess more exciting! Lets start the game like this."
http://imgur.com/89bd5lT

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 pm

so...i still have to play 1 game with the new patch and obviously i cannot judge. However it seems like the biggest issue is the new positioning system and lion units being underpowered suddenly. This means that the rest is ok i guess - well other than the legendaries in the 250 ap bracket which will only scare new players.

I will try to test what i believe this patch should have fixed from a balance perspective: non-zerg comps and warrior-mages/monks. Anybody playing comps like this in the 400 AP bracket?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

isgFaceless

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:The real problem is with 'new deployment' when you can place units even with direct contact with enemy.

Thanks for that bit of info. I'll jump online today and see for myself after I get off of work. I'll post my findings as well, though it seems I might be beating a dead horse. Still, if most of the player base (at least the ones on this forum :P) complains about it then they will change it back. After all, this is still beta.

As far as the actual nerf of the units goes - I agree with most of it, just not all. I do agree on the Wolf nerfs because I felt they have always had a huge advantage over everyone else, though could be countered by a superior tactician. I agree on the Sparkling movement nerf (though it is only by 1), but not the heal nerf. A 5 hp heal is just too underwhelming; I feel 10 hp was balanced. As far as Ram goes, they got a nice nerf AND buff to make 400 AP games more balanced, plus fixed some bugs.

Of course this is all just on paper for me atm as I have not played this patch, as I have previously stated. Give me a chance to play and I'm sure my views will change.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Hod

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Vahire wrote:
isgFaceless wrote:I feel 10 hp was balanced.

After reading this im sure none of you played against pizzaboy or even a top tier ranked (with a good win rate) lion player.There is no way in hell 10 hp heal was balanced,no ----ing way.Nothing ----ng balance to heal for 30 every turn FOR FREE AND NO CHANCE TO FAIL with 3 units that cost 20 ap and give mana to your mage.You guys ever played against lions or what ? Even wolfmen had nothing close to this crazy s----.

Yikes, passionate a little! And on the very same day a Mod stopped to say watch the language, you go on a F bomb and S shot barrage.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

isgFaceless

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Hod wrote:
Vahire wrote:
isgFaceless wrote:I feel 10 hp was balanced.

After reading this im sure none of you played against pizzaboy or even a top tier ranked (with a good win rate) lion player.There is no way in hell 10 hp heal was balanced,no ----ing way.Nothing ----ng balance to heal for 30 every turn FOR FREE AND NO CHANCE TO FAIL with 3 units that cost 20 ap and give mana to your mage.You guys ever played against lions or what ? Even wolfmen had nothing close to this crazy s----.

Yikes, passionate a little! And on the very same day a Mod stopped to say watch the language, you go on a F bomb and S shot barrage.

I didn't mean to offend, but there are other ways to make Lions more balanced. IMHO I think nerfing to heal amount is unnecessary compared to maybe increasing its AP level, increasing the cost by 1 mana, or making them slower (nerfed movement) as they are already fragile. If you can penetrate the back line to take out the mage/sparklings then the game is yours. Its all about tactics as that point.

Strategy is a plan you make to win. Tactics are what you do during the strategy to seal the win. That's why I prefer to call myself a tactician as opposed to being called a strategist. You could have a superior strategy but the superior tactician is the one who will win in the end.

That's why we alter builds according to buffs/nerfs, lines of scrimage, even the new BS deployments instead of just playing the "flavor of the month" company.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Lima

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 7:36 pm

I didn't mean to offend

Dont worry, if tomorrow the devs removed all damage done by lion units Vahire would probably be fine with it.

Strategy is a plan you make to win. Tactics are what you do during the strategy to seal the win. That's why I prefer to call myself a tactician as opposed to being called a strategist. You could have a superior strategy but the superior tactician is the one who will win in the end.

You sir are what I call an intelligent person. I do consider myself a strategist rather than a tactician and I would love to prove you wrong on your statement with a nice match. Unfortunately as you will see with this new patch that is no longer a possibilty, hence I started this thread.

Vahire

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 pm

isgFaceless wrote:

You did not need any strategy to play this,that's the problem.It was juste,give mana to mage,give mana and heal,give mana and heal.Your unit were full hp,your mage had his 12 mana turn 1.That's mean any unit coming in range would die even turn 1 and for that you did not loose anything at all.And with that you could add 2 archer that deal 10-15 damage with 70 to 100% accu thanks to the valk.You sat far away,harras with archers and finish with mage.I dont call that strategy,a bot could do it because it's just a circle that dont allow your ennemy to get close.And even if he did manage to rush your mage,you just had to use divine favor to disengage and spend your 12 mana to kill the unit.
Players using this comp i faced had crazy stats like 18-2 or 40-6,standing at the top playing something around the 3 sparks+mage combo.

Now you can do something similar,but it has a cost,you dont give the power to kill any unit to your mage for free,and that's why it's more balance now.

isgFaceless wrote: That's why we alter builds according to buffs/nerfs, lines of scrimage, even the new BS deployments instead of just playing the "flavor of the month" company.

Read the comments,you will understand that ppl are just crying about the nerf,they dont try other things: "Lions are dead because they nerfed the spark -> game unbalanced".Now they can play the chimera,the kotl and still play their mage+sparks,but no devs killed the game.This kind of player dont try to adapt,they just cry.

isgFaceless

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Vahire wrote:
isgFaceless wrote:

You did not need any strategy to play this,that's the problem.It was juste,give mana to mage,give mana and heal,give mana and heal.Your unit were full hp,your mage had his 12 mana turn 1.That's mean any unit coming in range would die even turn 1 and for that you did not loose anything at all.And with that you could add 2 archer that deal 10-15 damage with 70 to 100% accu thanks to the valk.You sat far away,harras with archers and finish with mage.I dont call that strategy,a bot could do it because it's just a circle that dont allow your ennemy to get close.And even if he did manage to rush your mage,you just had to use divine favor to disengage and spend your 12 mana to kill the unit.
Players using this comp i faced had crazy stats like 18-2 or 40-6,standing at the top playing something around the 3 sparks+mage combo.

Now you can do something similar,but it has a cost,you dont give the power to kill any unit to your mage for free,and that's why it's more balance now.

isgFaceless wrote: That's why we alter builds according to buffs/nerfs, lines of scrimage, even the new BS deployments instead of just playing the "flavor of the month" company.

Read the comments,you will understand that ppl are just crying about the nerf,they dont try other things: "Lions are dead because they nerfed the spark -> game unbalanced".Now they can play the chimera,the kotl and still play their mage+sparks,but no devs killed the game.This kind of player dont try to adapt,they just cry.

Fair enough
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum