It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 pm

Next Monday Patch! :)

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Zeveross

Re: Next Monday Patch! :)

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 1:26 am

I'm a fan of the game but some of these don't appear to be great nerfs - nerfing 3 facets of the sparkling at once? Why not patch more frequently and nerf by degrees?

Seal Comps:
Lost multiple seals/turn
Sparks move 5
Sparks heal 5
Sparks can't heal other sparks
Sparks are more expensive

Doesn't seem to make sense to me, but I'm glad they're working toward fine tuning the game, it sure beats the alternative!

Errol Flynn

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 1:56 am

p122ab0y wrote:Woww I just read it all and sparklings got nerfed bad. heal -5, can't heal other sparkling AND ap increase...

They lost a movement as well. Valkyries have been hit hard and they were not really that powerful for the AP anyway. It appears the over healing of lion has been replaced by poor to irrelevant healing. A lot of times Valk heal was used to get a unit to the next turn. That will not be possible now. So sparks will be for wizard builds only, and Valks are now a overpriced swordswoman. Interesting to say the least....
I thought a difficulty roll for spark heal was probably a neater solution ie: not 100% and lower if injured.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

Lima

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 2:00 am

I know this is beta, but scaring people with these overnerfs is dangerous. Doing this to sparks is not limiting a facet of the game, its killing it.

Mage setups have taken a huge hit, I just hope its still viable.

*then he looks at the top rankings*

*and he dies a little inside*

Errol Flynn

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 2:35 am

Lol yeah Lima this is absolutely crazy. So many of those changes for lion are huge and they were not that OP to begin with. Valk heal will do 5 hp 1 turn from now, that is like having a Band-Aid for a guy who has already bled out. Combine that with the spark nerf bundle, and healing which I thought was a feature of Lion armies, now drops them to least able to heal. So the strength of lion is what now? I am struggling to see other than discipline where they have a strength . If you don't want to use just war lions, swords and bows you will have to go a different army.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

p122ab0y

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 5:13 am

I think the nerfs to lion (sparkling, heals, mage) is unreasonable and somewhat excessive. This is enough to make me quit. Bye.

Almanro

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 5:52 am

We should wait till Monday to also know the new AP values, since, not considering the over-nerf of the poor Sparkling, they nerfed heavily also the anti-mage units in all the armies (Black Paladins, Wolfen base units for the Zerg army, Middle Way, etc.), so it seems that the mages will do less base damage but it will be more difficult to counter them. They also said they changed the AP values of the elites greatly (PoB, KotL, Skull) and also the possible objectives, so maybe we'll see armies with less units more often.

Historical note from the closed beta: the poor Sparkling has always been a very difficult unit to balance, in every patch it passed from always present to never present and I think this time it will be the same case... I agree with the healing reduction and the seal limit (as it stands now is abused), but I don't know why they also reduced the Mov, negate the possibility to heal another Sparkling AND increase its APs... We'll need to wait till Monday before posting a final evaluation on it since the changes are, for the second time after the open beta kick off, tooo big to be judged before trying them...

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 7:35 am

Seal Comps:
Lost multiple seals/turn
Sparks move 5
Sparks heal 5
Sparks can't heal other sparks
Sparks are more expensive

i also expected no more than 2 nerfs....but 5 ?
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

skydancer

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 9:09 am

Nice, all changes seem to going in right direction of improving game experience and fun. (we'll see about AP changes)

After the last orrible patch i think the game could just improve. Time to play it again. ;)
~ work in progress ~

Vahire

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 am

Lion may be overnerf now but i think it's good,player will stop with the brainless full heal/bomber spark mass nuke mage.Lions have other strengths and things to play with.

On paper it's seems to be a good patch overall.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Lion may be overnerf now but i think it's good,player will stop with the brainless full heal/bomber spark mass nuke mage

suicide sparks are far from being brainless - and i never lost against them.
while i may lost one or two times with 4+ healers + archers that actualy was 'not inteligent'.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum