It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 pm

Occult erosion

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

Re: Occult erosion

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 10:19 am

i think Lima will cry more when he will face the first lonewolf with ring of the mist...especially if the tooltip is wrong and lasts 2 turns (i think it was confirmed somewhere) :-) a beefy grave guardian rushing to your mage with the ring of the mist makes it quite a pain in the ass :D. if RNG does not assist you , you just wasted 12 mana.

Anyway....lion mage's primal attack will probably be nerfed in terms of damage...so yeah to kill your pala they have to use all their mana (12). If you play strategically you can kill the mage fast if you force him to be in reach of your pala while your other cheap units advance. I usually threaten the mage by positioning my 4x archers in a way that if he rushes my pala i kill him either that turn or the next (2x offensive stances are usually ok to deal with the mage with 2 archers...and totally worth to kill a mage asap as the rest of the comp is usually very weak)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Zeveross

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Yes, ring of mist does last 2 turns. I can confirm. By the wording it looks like it could cancel Seal too...will have to test.

Deep Blue

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Zeveross wrote:Yes, ring of mist does last 2 turns. I can confirm. By the wording it looks like it could cancel Seal too...will have to test.

it should be like this :) if not, then it is a bug.

Useful links:

Deep Blue

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 9:18 pm

so damn happy about this warrior-mage/monk nerf...as i wrote about 1 month ago in the strategy forum i was surprised why nobody was using a full warrior-mage/monk comp as wolven. Today i faced it and people complaining about fang zergs have no idea what it means this one. I played it myself then dropped it quickly because there was no challange at all. Fang zerg with crossbowmen compared to this requires lot of thinking.

The nerf bat will hit them immensely as they can't anymore harass. Valks and black paladins will be nerfed much slightly compared to the wolven casters...

Useful links:

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 am

Deep Blue wrote:so damn happy about this warrior-mage/monk nerf...as i wrote about 1 month ago in the strategy forum i was surprised why nobody was using a full warrior-mage/monk comp as wolven.

Yeah. What's funny about it, is that it was that way for some time now.
So it could have been a problem much sooner, actually.

Deep Blue wrote:The nerf bat will hit them immensely as they can't anymore harass. Valks and black paladins will be nerfed much slightly compared to the wolven casters...

Well, to be honest, there are a lot of balance changes that will be flying around very soon; not just for the casters.

On another note, we would like to change the way we balance things in the future.
Now it is still dependent to "big patches", giving a sense of "all or nothing" that is not always beneficial to the game and to you guys. We wish to change that, because we would like to be able to fix smaller things quicker when it is needed.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Deep Blue

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 11:26 am

i agree with you Jigoku. Multiple big changes make balance even harder as multiple things change simultaneously and is hard to determine what is good and what is not. For instance i do not know if the current elite costs are well balanced or not mostly because of the meta (lot of cheap units / harassment strategies overly utilized ) which might affect my perception and got pushed at the same time through 1 big patch. I also add (as a customer) that when many things change simultaneously you always have the impression that there is not a clearly defined idea.

Small tweaks in the future might be better to balance things in my opinion :)

ps: no ETA on the next patch?
Last edited by Deep Blue on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 11:27 am

On another note, we would like to change the way we balance things in the future.
Now it is still dependent to "big patches", giving a sense of "all or nothing" that is not always beneficial to the game and to you guys. We wish to change that, because we would like to be able to fix smaller things quicker when it is needed.

both true and great
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Deep Blue wrote:ps: no ETA on the next patch?

Nothing official I fear. I can tell you that it will be soon. Like, really soon.
Probably not soon enough for you guys, but it is around the corner somewhere ;)

Dragon_Warrior wrote:both true and great

Well, thank you :)
But please keep in mind that the one to come will be a huge patch no matter what.
We are just working on how to change that for the future patches.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 pm

But please keep in mind that the one to come will be a huge patch no matter what.
We are just working on how to change that for the future patches.

ok
bigger the patch - bigger tha hate ;)

But personbaly i think that hate grow is more logarithmic than linear - so for more drastic changes - big patch would be better ;)

as for me - i don't like current meta so im positive about upcoming patch (with some news and return of the elites? :P)
only nice part of current armies is spark-bomb party that makes game totally non-random and pure logic one - but its not exacly (close but not exacly) what i want to play ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

DJ Raffa

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Jigoku wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:ps: no ETA on the next patch?

Nothing official I fear. I can tell you that it will be soon. Like, really soon.
Probably not soon enough for you guys, but it is around the corner somewhere ;)

Would you consider posting a preview of each patch, say, one or two days before it goes live?

Even if you don't make any changes, surely it's a good idea to at least see initial reactions to the patch - maybe having other voices could help avoid things like 17 AP sparklings or 140+ AP PoB/KotL? Obviously won't see everything at once but it's very early days with this game so if a few oversights get picked up on then it's gotta be worth it?
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum