It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 am

Occult erosion

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Lima

Occult erosion

PostSat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Occult Erosion is too powerfull.

1- It lasts the entire match.
2- It can be casts multiple times on different chars by the same black paladin
3- Its range is litteraly 1/3 of the map
4- It can be specced to be casted behind walls
5- On top of 1-4 it does 8 dmg and -2 mana every cast

Im not even mentoning the effects. Seriously this is what this skill is supposed to be like or did some1 make a big mistake in the creation of this talent?

Deep Blue

Re: Occult erosion

PostSat Feb 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Lima wrote:Occult Erosion is too powerfull.

1- It lasts the entire match.
2- It can be casts multiple times on different chars by the same black paladin
4- It can be specced to be casted behind walls
5- On top of 1-4 it does 8 dmg and -2 mana every cast

Im not even mentoning the effects. Seriously this is what this skill is supposed to be like or did some1 make a big mistake in the creation of this talent?

the skill has always been like that. It is a hard counter to mages otherwise they will turtle like crazy for the whole match getting more and more mana to obliterate every unit that dares to come closer. The only thing i do not like is that the effect it is not dispelled once the black paladin who casted it dies...other than that, it is fine as it is. Oh and if this skill makes you angry , have you ever played vs a rune guardian with middle way?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Lima

PostSat Feb 22, 2014 8:18 pm

So let me see if I get this straight. In order to stop mages from camping (i dont undertand why would you camp with ur mage this is where most of the dmg comes from) a skill is created that makes them nearly obselete as the game goes on?

Thats like starting a fire with a nuclear blast instead of a match. why not make this skill last a few turn like the scourge buff that mages give (gives + dmg to undead/ect) which lasts 3 turns? or the valk heal that last 3 turns. What I mean is why would you put a skill in the game that if you use it you can say to yourself "right now his main dps is nearly obselete"? And the cast range, you seriously have no problem with being abe to cast the spell across the map and behind walls?

Im sorry I dont see how this skill can possibly be fought if you are on the wrong side of a black paladin with a mage.

Oh and in case you think im exagerating with the word obselete then you try to cast 3 spells per turn with occult erosion on you.

Deep Blue

PostSat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Lima wrote:So let me see if I get this straight. In order to stop mages from camping (i dont undertand why would you camp with ur mage this is where most of the dmg comes from) a skill is created that makes them nearly obselete as the game goes on?

Thats like starting a fire with a nuclear blast instead of a match. why not make this skill last a few turn like the scourge buff that mages give (gives + dmg to undead/ect) which lasts 3 turns? or the valk heal that last 3 turns. What I mean is why would you put a skill in the game that if you use it you can say to yourself "right now his main dps is nearly obselete"? And the cast range, you seriously have no problem with being abe to cast the spell across the map and behind walls?

Im sorry I dont see how this skill can possibly be fought if you are on the wrong side of a black paladin with a mage.

Oh and in case you think im exagerating with the word obselete then you try to cast 3 spells per turn with occult erosion on you.

well yeah you are exagerating. You never faced a rune guardian with middle way, right? As i said to me occult erosion is fine , i would just like for the debuff to be dispelled like putrefaction once the black paladin is killed. Remember that every mage has its base spell which usually is very easy to cast and probably you won't even feel too much the -WIL .

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 am

i can agree with that - range 8 is to much for a spell/miracle - same for Middle way range.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostSun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:

i can agree with that - range 8 is to much for a spell/miracle - same for Middle way range.

what then about lion archers? :D +10 ACC double shot in offensive stance hurts more a mage than an occult erosion. Range 8 is fine for occult erosion, otherwise you can't do much vs turtling strategies...assuming they are not hiding behind a stone already.

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 am

Deep Blue wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:

what then about lion archers? :D +10 ACC double shot in offensive stance hurts more a mage than an occult erosion. Range 8 is fine for occult erosion, otherwise you can't do much vs turtling strategies...assuming they are not hiding behind a stone already.

Archers can't do any permanent harm to units - in current meta healing is easy while early erosion can turn off any healing necro or Mage with chatisment/scourge.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Zendabo82

PostMon Feb 24, 2014 10:34 pm

But what if you are going against a comp that has no mages? You now have a useless ability that costs you a small chunk of AP that could have gone to having another minion. Right now Pallys are the only real counter Ram has against lvl4 Lion mages, who can instagib Gargs, AoE an entire wave of skeletons, or buff their archer with Scourge so that it can tear apart your necro.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Zendabo82 wrote:But what if you are going against a comp that has no mages? You now have a useless ability that costs you a small chunk of AP that could have gone to having another minion. Right now Pallys are the only real counter Ram has against lvl4 Lion mages, who can instagib Gargs, AoE an entire wave of skeletons, or buff their archer with Scourge so that it can tear apart your necro.

its why im against hardest counters that works only Vs 1-2 units

Lima

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Zendabo82 wrote:But what if you are going against a comp that has no mages? You now have a useless ability that costs you a small chunk of AP that could have gone to having another minion. Right now Pallys are the only real counter Ram has against lvl4 Lion mages, who can instagib Gargs, AoE an entire wave of skeletons, or buff their archer with Scourge so that it can tear apart your necro.

its why im against hardest counters that works only Vs 1-2 units

This is what i mean, black palas are a hard counter and provide little of their own to the game.

Its like: "ill just bring a pala he might have some mages" no mages "doh"

or

"mage, gg".

Exaggerated but you get the point.
Next

Return to General Forum