It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Game frozen in battle

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Hamlenain

Game frozen in battle

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 9:02 am

Incident Place:
The game froze during turn 2 of a 400 point deathmatch battle in North of the Behemoth, before any shots were even fired.
Details:
I had just single moved an archer and pressed the end turn button but the turn didn't end; my opponent had used his skip turn (outnumbered) a couple of times and I had already moved two units. After a few minutes, I decided to force shutdown the game rather than admit defeat or wait.
Remarks:
Possibly just a server crash but could be a bug. How will the battle be resolved, will I admit defeat (or my opponent), will the battle just be ignored? Am I going to be locked in the battle and my account effectively frozen?

(edit)Just logged in and the game default admitted defeat because my opponent has more APs, I guess that makes sense in order to avoid people forcing a tie by just alt+f4. Just sucks I got the wrong end of the deal but I wasn't going to sit and wait for possibly hours...(edit)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =224925588 (screenshot)

There were no .log files to be found at that location in my disk, I can't attach the "Dogs of War" .log files as the forum send me the following message when I try to attach them "The extension log is not allowed" and the .txt transcripts are to long for standard forum messages. Sorry the forum won't let me help you more.

Return to General Forum