It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am

Minimum AP

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

Minimum AP

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 5:34 pm

i would raise the minimum AP by default to 250-240 in order to accomodate starting armies.

Why this change would benefit the game:

- no more trolling with 100 AP armies: fighting two vs two is NOT funny.
- Stops creating non-justified disadvantages where one player can adopt his strategy (as he can use 100% of his low AP army) while the other has to play some kind of abomination, especially if he has only high AP units (wolven for example). Not being able to play my list as it should is NOT funny, especially when the result looks like two random units put together.
- Favors more strategic thinking when you are forced to play with more units and this IS funny, the less the luck influences the outcome, the better.

additionally i would suggest to increase this minimum barrier to 350 at fame 10/12 (don't know exactly which level would be better!)....any player who played this game up to fame level 10 or 12 SHOULD have already some understanding of DoW and if he is playing a low AP army he is just trying to EXPLOIT the system to his advantage . This also encourages to explore different builds.

As a last remark i think this game gets balanced and fun when a certain amount of AP is used (350-450 probably being the best setup for that)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Return to General Forum