It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am

[U10] Blood & gold event

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

[U10] Blood & gold event

PostSat Nov 23, 2013 7:41 am

today i logged and i found the Blood & gold event (+10% exp on one unit) . This message doesn't want to go away even though you click ok. Additionally i find it weird that:

- it applies to a unit that is already at a maximum level....
- a SKELETON archer has a heart and enjoys to go to a brothel. I mean this is so comical that i wonder if it is intended. It looks like the start of a bad joke.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Kvarkin

Re: [U10] Blood & gold event

PostSat Nov 23, 2013 1:32 pm

You made me laugh =)

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 am

Hey, Skeletons have feelings too ! ;)

On a more serious note, this is an issue that we have been aware of for a long time now.
It's in the direct line of the Acheron Golem that masters pickpocket, the Lion that carries a sword (that some of you may recall from the really old versions of the game), or some Events that features the Chimera when it is clear that it couldn't do the horrible things that are described in the text.

There are fixes for that, but they are extremely time consuming for very little to virtually no enhancement on your side.
We chose not to prioritize that in favor of other things that we think you may like more ; and, let's face it, some (if not most) of them made us laugh so we chose to let them in the game for now.

If this is a very serious issue for most of you though, we could theorically do something about it.
In fact, I expect that we will change this at some point because there are some parts that we really do not like about this issue. It's just that I'm not seeing this happen in the closed beta phase of the game.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Kvarkin

PostMon Nov 25, 2013 1:44 pm

If this is a very serious issue for most of you though, we could theorically do something about it.

Don't you dare to deprive skeletons of feelings!!1

:lol:

Deep Blue

PostMon Nov 25, 2013 7:39 pm

I managed to fix the reported bug.

to me this is not a serious issue however i find it funny especially when a skeleton gets hit on the family jewels....i assume in this case it has another meaning, as if he is carrying a very dear heirloom. am i right? :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Well, you know, every mercenary has to wear their purse somewhere, after all.
Skeletons tend to put them between their legs for some reason. You know, for... err, easy movement I think.
And stuff.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's our official position on this matter for now.

I'll check the rules again though, maybe I missed a slight difference in interpretation somewhere ;)
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Return to General Forum