It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

New Shop: Units of all lvls available

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Almanro

New Shop: Units of all lvls available

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 4:31 pm

I personally think the new shop is a big bad idea: the aim of the game is not anymore to grow your units' strenght with combats and experience, but now it is a gold grinding game, where you can get all the elements in the game simply by paying (either ducats or cyans). I think you can leave some versions of the "guild packs" for those who wants to spend cyans (real money) to progress faster, but don't put all the unit/lvls in the shop!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure this will greatly reduce the time a person will play it before getting bored: it eliminates one of the aims of the game (i.e. getting experience to unlock the higher lvl cool ability)

Have a nice evening,

Almanro

PS: Instead, it is a very nice addition the possibility to see the ability tree before buying a unit! Well done! :)

Kvarkin

Re: New Shop: Units of all lvls available

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Actually, prices are really high for high level units.
The new thing i didn't like is reducing xp to gain levels for units.

Well it is all subjectively, and all these things will be balanced and rebalanced again and again =)

Deep Blue

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 5:34 pm

i think it is not a bad idea...i rather grind gold (via quests) than grind matches with a sub-optimal dude (i'm looking at you black paladin level 1). I would remove the level reminder mails...i do not want to level my guys sometimes :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

skydancer

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 pm

It's ok for me the actual shop. Cyanide need to gather some money from people that don't want to spend some time on lvup their characters.

Until the game balance can not be bribed with money but you can just save time with money it's ok for me.

The game will die when there will some unit|power etc... only aviable trought money and not by play the game.
~ work in progress ~

Almanro

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 pm

I don't know, probably you're right since it is not very important the units lvl (since the APs will go up) but the balance between matches... and if you want you can still buy all lvl 1 units and then lvl them up.

Surely it will be faster to try different combos... I think I made my comment without thinking on it too much but only in the spur of the moment...

Return to General Forum