It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

New features quick tests, expressions etc.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Kvarkin

New features quick tests, expressions etc.

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Misc
* Added first draft for Russian and German localizations. I cant even find where I may change language =(

Lobby
* Added account validation at first login: mail address is needed for account validation, and password is needed for future web services / account managements didnt happen to me (reposted an issue about this paragraph on bugs forum)
* Your in-game nickname is now synchronized with your Steam nickname at login tested (changed name on steam and relogged), didnt work
* Dogs of War logo now opens your webbrowser to Dogs forum doesn't work
* Fixed friends status in friendlist it no longer shows "last online" and I have issue (posted on bug forum)
* You can now see if your friend in in game or in lobby / searching for a game I dont understand how it shows... by the "lamp" color or how?
* Added a bad words checking used on : Steam nickname (else default to "SteamUser"), Company name can't be validated, chat words are filtered works fine english words. I cant change to russian lunguage (but that happens to most steam games)
* Fixed possibility to have missions duplicates duplicated missions are gone, but I have an issues (posted on bug forum)
* Finished missions can now be closed from CurrentMissions tab didnt find how
* Units death & injuries can now be healed outside of postmatch, from within CompanyManagement tab didnt find how
* Destroyed companies are now removed from current ladders they are

Shop
* Units prices changed I found it much more AP relevant, it is nice
* Each unit can be recruited for every available levels actually, I cant even understand what it means =(
* Added new packs clicking on packs just show buying screen, how can I know what it consist of? =)
* Improved Shop filters There are still 2 "Legendary" in filters, seems that Chimera's "Legendary" typed another way that Golem's and Worg's are (excess space or so)
* Company Slots price changed It is, but the price is no longer showed on "Selection of Company" screen. Price is shown only after clicking it
* Various "boosts" prices fixes I dont know what "Renown" is
* Hard currency now bypasses guild lvl restriction When I try to buy golem for cyans it still shows greyed button and says "You do not have ruquired level.." in red color
* Added Promotions and Highlights system I am not sure what it is and didnt find it =(
* Buying a single item will propose to automatically use it when possible, or keep it in the inventory I purchased Fate card, it didnt propose me to use it rightaway
* Adde "new" tag to items recently added to Armory I purchased "Mercanary baptism" and didnt find any tag
* Added a sound when you buy and resale an item I am not sure if there any new sounds. Seems like the same sounds as for clicking buttons or so

Match
* Reintroduced gametypes preferences in MatchMaking to find opponent It is, nice
* Ingame-Chat accessibility has been improved It doesnt fade away anymore, but it still doesnt show your message rightafter, I still multipressing "Enter" to see my sent message. And yes, opponent's messages are shown only for a second or so and I can't even realize it while playing, so I need to press "Enter" (to activate chat window and see them)... So talking in chat is able only by multipressing "Enter" always -(

Gameplay
* All units now need less XP in order to gain levels I have a weird issue now: My priest, for example have 87 xp and 5th level, and Paladin has 199xp and 3rd level and so on... Btw, I loved how it was before, I think it was okay. And one more thing it still doesn't show how much xp I need to level it only shows "normal gain of experience"
* Changed many units upgrade trees For Baromies it seems all the same.
* Added better protection against injuries for low Guild rank players That is great!
* "Health Drain" spell was changed - now directly remove HP from its target I do not understand what it means. Descriptions seems to be the same, didnt try this spell ingame yet
* Added a "Survival Instinct" attribute for some units I cjecked all units, didnt find any with it
* Changed the way damage attribute work. Most units now have circonstancial damage boosts attributes "circumstancial" you mean? Actually, I don't understand much of this description
* Bravery grants a stats bonus when resisting Fear. Desription is not changed, didnt test it's affect ingame yet
* Ineluctable Fate and Putrefaction have an added damage roll when cast. Putrefaction doesn't do any damage. But it seems, that it now removes additional 2 RES per turn not 1 (as I remember it was before)
* Reduced Critical Strikes default chances. IMHO, 5% was okay
* Fixed some Archery skills restrictions to consider melee engagement. "Incapacitating attribute" still works in engagement (or I dont understand what this paragraph meens)
* Fixed various skill animations (like a double attack animation for a single strike). "Incapacitating attribute" still has this issue
* Fixed AI stucked during pursuit. for me it seemed that AI became more stupid, he was just skipping his turn a lot
* Fixed player log color on solo. Can't understand the meaning of paragraph. But log color for me is still the same. Well, I'm not sure, but green color in log for my nickname and for AI's nickname was used earlier
Last edited by Kvarkin on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kvarkin

Re: New features quick tests, expressions etc.

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 pm

My first game after patch with some kind of french commentary =)):

http://fr.twitch.tv/kvarkin/c/3278955

Deep Blue

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 10:28 pm

more or less sums up my opinion. What bothers me the most is that you can't activate stances normally plus that my "best" units are stuck on a mission...so basically can't really enjoy the game right now...at least i 've a spare army to play around with. I've the feeling the wrong build was updated as there is not consistency between the patch notes and the real build
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi guys, and thanks for your quick feedback.

From the looks of it, something went horribly wrong with our patch, because clearly most of these things should work fine.
They are working on our side, and we tested them thoroughly (for days) in partnership with our QA department.

Unfortunately, it will take time to investigate and fix it all - our patch process in itsef is very complex.
Patching is far from being a short thing to do, let alone finding what went wrong and fixing it beforehand.

I think that you may expect a news update soon about these matters.

In the meantime, we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for writing all these feedbacks ; this is priceless to us.
... and about that, let me write a personal note to everyone on this forum : we still do read all your comments, guys !
We're working a lot lately to make sure the game gets better and better... and we have less and less time to answer to each and every feedback.
But I swear we're still reading, discussing with the team, and agreing with many feedbacks here... and then working hard on it or keeping it in the back of our heads for when the right time comes.
I hope that despite the fact that you don't hear much from us directly these days, you'll be happy to see that we still listen, and that we really care.
Thanks again to all of you for your time and dedication. It is really appreciated.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Kvarkin

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Jigoku,

Thanks for your answer, it is really nice to hear these words.
And it's okay about this patch and all the issues, actually. It always happens like that =)
So, please, don't be upset, just keep doing what you do, cuz you are doing it great, et tout ira bien!

Bousk

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi,

actually the new client version seems to be not available on Steam platform to be downladed. We will fix that asap tomorrow morning (french time).
All these new features will be automatically available after Steam downloaded the new client :)

Btw, thx for this (almost?) complete feedback :)
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Deep Blue

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Guys you are really awesome anyway :) i think this game can have some nice potential. Kudos for answering so fast on the forum! This is REALLY appreciated.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

skydancer

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 12:34 am

Oh well i was going to post some issue but as you said that the patching process didn't work very well i wait till it's done correctly for feedbacks.

Thanks for your work, go on guys the game is very cool!
~ work in progress ~

Kvarkin

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Yes, I deleted some paragraphs about which I had nothing to say.
So now I revise my commentaries according to client update:

Misc
* Added first draft for Russian and German localizations. I still cant even find where I may change language

Lobby
* Added account validation at first login: mail address is needed for account validation, and password is needed for future web services / account managements some issues posted on bug forum (including minor makeup bug)
* Your in-game nickname is now synchronized with your Steam nickname at login tested checked again (changed name on steam and relogged), didnt work
* Dogs of War logo now opens your webbrowser to Dogs forum works fine, but not trivial, anyway it is way better, than nothing =)
* Fixed friends status in friendlist Works fine for me, but didnt see any of my friends in actual game (not in lobby) yet, so need to check it further. And "last online" status seems to lie (it says that my friend Roompa was last online only 10 days ago, and it can't be true
* Added a bad words checking used on : Steam nickname (else default to "SteamUser"), Company name can't be validated, chat words are filtered Now I can switch language properly, hooray! Filter works fine in eng, but not in russian yet =)
* Fixed possibility to have missions duplicates yes, they're gone, but i still have some minor issues
* Finished missions can now be closed from CurrentMissions
* Units death & injuries can now be healed outside of postmatch, from within CompanyManagement tab I tried and it worked fine for me

Shop
* Each unit can be recruited for every available levels Now I do understand what is meant. I have some thoughts about new shop, I'll post in devided review later.
* Added new packs It is okay now about showing what pack consists of
* Improved Shop filters Works fine, but havin "regular" both in "Classes" and "Ranks" is frustrating, "Regular" in "Classes" should be changed to "Melee" or "Warrior" or smth.
* Company Slots price changed It is changed, but the price is still no longer showed on "Selection of Company" screen. Price is shown only after clicking it
* Various "boosts" prices fixes I still dont know what "Renown" is
* Hard currency now bypasses guild lvl restriction Seems to work fine
* Added Promotions and Highlights system I am still not sure what it is and didnt find it =(
* Buying a single item will propose to automatically use it when possible, or keep it in the inventory Works fine
* Adde "new" tag to items recently added to Armory Works fine
* Added a sound when you buy and resale an item I am not sure if there any new sounds. Sounds work now

Match
* Ingame-Chat accessibility has been improved I will repeat again: It seems chat window doesnt fade away anymore while you are typing a message, but it still doesnt show your sent message rightafter, I still multipressing "Enter" to see my sent message. And yes, opponent's messages are shown only for a second or so and I can't even realize it while playing, so I need to press "Enter" (to activate chat window and see them)... So talking in chat is able only by multipressing "Enter" always -(

Gameplay
* All units now need less XP in order to gain levels I have a weird issue now: I will repeat my comment: One of my necromancers has 198xp and other has 491 and both are 5th level... Btw, I loved how it was before, I think it was okay, especially for now, when you may buy 5th level rightaway you shouldn't decrease xp needed to level up units, giving new players an xp boost is prefferable [in starting pack you may give new players 3 fate cards and some xp boost cards, ducats boost cards, fate boost cards etc. in addition], than just decreasing xp needed to level up for everybody. And one more thing it still doesn't show how much xp I need to level it only shows "normal gain of experience"
* Changed many units upgrade trees I still don't see any changes for baronies
* "Health Drain" spell was changed - now directly remove HP from its target it now recover 5 HP, not 10. Btw, if you use health drain with "Focus" ability (increasing spell dmg by 3) does it produce 8 points of dmg and recover 8 HP, or 8 dmg and recovers 5, or still has 5 dmg and 5 hp to recover? Didnt try yet, cuz don't have that way of talents :(
* Added a "Survival Instinct" attribute for some units I checked again all the units, don't see any with this attribute
* Changed the way damage attribute work. Most units now have circonstancial damage boosts attributes "circumstancial" you mean? Actually, I still don't understand much of this description
* Bravery grants a stats bonus when resisting Fear. Desription is still not changed, didnt test it's effect ingame yet
* Ineluctable Fate and Putrefaction have an added damage roll when cast. Description doesn't say anything about damage roll. I didnt take this talent, so can't check for now =(
* Reduced Critical Strikes default chances. I'd repeat, that, IMHO, 5% was okay.
* Fixed some Archery skills restrictions to consider melee engagement. I will repeat, that "Incapacitating attribute" works in engagement (or I dont understand what this paragraph meens)
* Fixed various skill animations (like a double attack animation for a single strike). "Incapacitating attribute" seems to work fine now
* Fixed AI stucked during pursuit. I will repeat, that AI skipps some of his turns
* Fixed player log color on solo. Can't understand the meaning of paragraph. But log color for me is still the same. Well, I'm not sure, but green/red colors in log for my nickname and for AI's nickname was used earlier

Kvarkin

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Now it shows ;ast online for Roompa as "Less then '-142 minute(s) ago" and counting up by 10 every several seconds, so it is -82... -42.. and so on. After that "8 mins ago" few seconds after - "18 mins ago"...28..38..48..

Return to General Forum