It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

VIP elimination draw

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Deep Blue

VIP elimination draw

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Today i had a very nice match in the VIP elimination map. It was a fierce battle and just when i finally managed to eliminate all the opposing team, minus the "VIP" the match ended in a draw. My opponent was good enough to stall the match preventing me to deal the finishing blow to his commander. What i find a bit funny is that a match ends in a draw when i still have my VIP at full life + 2 units alive while he has just his VIP at 50% life . I fail to see where is the draw exactly.

my suggestion:

- if the match ends after 8 turns , the victory is assigned to who dealt the most damage to the VIP (notice: i would calculate the total damage inflicted not the remaining health, in order not to favor the team with some healing abilities)

- the match ends in a draw only if after 8 turns both VIP have been dealt the same amount of damage.

last but not least, kudos to skydancer, it was a very nice match ! :)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

skydancer

Re: VIP elimination draw

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Yo mate, was fun game, i was in trouble but i managed to draw the match in the end. ;)

I find that steal a draw with a VIP with 1 hp (health point) is soo fun that the rules are ok as they are. Also is fun lose this match when you still have all your army but the opponent was able to "snipe" your VIP.

It's one of my favourite scenario to play. also if Wolfen (as always in those tiny focus map) are favored.
~ work in progress ~

Izno

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 am

Well that is an interesting topic, let's see some differet points of views about that !

I do agree that Wolfen feels a bit above with fast movement and great burst. I guess other races need to adpat their composition for that particular game mode.

Kvarkin

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 4:13 pm

I should say I like the way it is now. You have 8 turns to kite down enemy's "VIP" and you know it from start. And if it is alive it doesnt matter how much HP does "VIP" have =) It's like pregnancy, you can't be "almost pregnant", so "VIP" should be definetly dead, not "almost" =D

On the other hand, I'm not sure how it is for now, but after one VIP's death, round should continue to the end, so other team may finish enemy's VIP too and the game ends in a draw =)

skydancer

PostThu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Kvarkin wrote:On the other hand, I'm not sure how it is for now, but after one VIP's death, round should continue to the end, so other team may finish enemy's VIP too and the game ends in a draw =)

This would be intresting and will add more tactics consideration on the key turn, to kill enemy vip but at same time save your. :)
~ work in progress ~

Return to General Forum