It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm

Why newbies do not come back.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Kvarkin

Why newbies do not come back.

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 2:00 pm

I bet you have much better statistics, but what I see, is that there are several newbies in game each day! I'm trying to be polite and helpfull, answering questions, suggesting tactical moves and so on, but, anyway, almost all of them do not return. Sometimes it takes up to an hour to find an opponent for PvP.

As it seems to me some things are really frustrating for newcomers. So I'd suggest to make the game more newbiefriendly in general somehow.

Some possible options I have in my mind for now:

1. Decrease injures rate for newbies.
2. Increase XP gain rate for newbies.
3. Encourage newbies to destroy company and try new one (I think most of them are afraid doing that)
4. [is even better, than 3] Giving possibility to "sell" units (not just killing them) for same amounf of ducats for which they were bought, so increasing ability to try out new "builds", especially because it is only beta.
5. Implement "Suggest draw" button
6. Implement possibility to choose the map for PvP game
7. Put a noticeable link to forum somewhere in lobby GUI.
8. Fix ingame chat finally =) So it could work properly. [crucial]
9. Implement a "pause" button.
10. Increase availiable time from 40 to 60 (for newbies only), or even make it customizable on "search for game" screen.
11. Create an official wiki and encourage players to fill it, and put a noticeable link to wiki in lobby GUI.

I do want to see more interested and excited players in game =)

rasta

Re: Why newbies do not come back.

PostWed Nov 13, 2013 3:23 pm

well I agre whyt you.
But i think allso that people wait for new units and companies, just like me (cant wait for Tri-na-bor)
The game work fine, ther isint to much to fix, but it get a little boring after playing 20-30 games whyt allways the same units/enemis on the same maps...

Foupou

Re: Why newbies do not come back.

PostWed Nov 13, 2013 3:51 pm

In my opinion, when you are a newbie, you play against experienced players and you loose again and again because it's true, the game is tactical and rules are complexes.
And if you have never play this kind of game you can realy get lost.

We need :

a good practice mode ( different maps and different units ) with an IA adjustable

change the rules of the matchkig : if you are lvl 2 or 3 you can choose to play against players who have aproximatively the same lvl as yours

a good général chat with different options

excuse my poor english :)

Return to General Forum