It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

Can we Fix Worg somehow?

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

theDarkDude

Can we Fix Worg somehow?

PostSat Nov 09, 2013 10:35 am

Everytime I face one I might as well surrender.

The fact that he one hits(2 attacks worth around 20 hp per turn, not even counting follow up moves) any other unit while having 60 hp and natural selection super power available is just gamebreaking.

There is a reason why top player on the ladder has 214 wins and 33 loses as Children of Yllia and I highly suspect that it is caused by the worgs current state to some extent.

Can we at least make him pariah so he can't use natural sdelection and offensive stance?
I am just helpless against this unit, and the fact that he costs the same amount as knight and archer(lion) who can be killed by him in 1 turn(offensive stance) doesn't help at all.

What do you guys think?

If you have any strategies against worg that would help as well

Sogar

Re: Can we Fix Worg somehow?

PostSat Nov 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Get a Chimera and laugh at him ...

Seriously though, as you said, the wolfen mechanic on a a creature like a worg is OP for sure but honestly the Chimera is as bad but for other reasons. I haven't seen the undead construct yet so I can't comment on that one but legendary creatures are problematic.

gigiuns

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 11:34 am

I have a Worg in my wolfen army, so i know his strenghts and his (few) weaknesses.

In my opinion an high level worg is an unstoppable killer machine when he approachs 2-3 enemies with low resistence.
This case happens expecially in the little map without covers and difficult terrains.
And sometimes happens that a small army with 200 ap faces only one enemy: the worg.
This is could be a bug in the match system, because normally an army must have almost two units.

However, the ram army has more than one option to overcome this big guy.
The wolf and lion army has few options, but with large armies and large maps, they can assert themselves.

So I suggest:
- low level player have to match almost always low level player
- eliminate the little map, or use it only in matches between low level players.
- allow legendary creatures only in matches with armies of many ap.

Almanro

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 pm

+1 gigiuns, especially:

gigiuns wrote:- eliminate the little map, or use it only in matches between low level players.
- allow legendary creatures only in matches with armies of many ap.

Allow to select the map like you can select the type of mission would be nice (maybe problematic considering the waiting times at the moment, but especially the little map is boring after a while)

Return to General Forum