It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 pm

Suggestions on Wolfen Army

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Almanro

Suggestions on Wolfen Army

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi all,

after playing many games with and/or against Wolfen armies this is my idea on them:

- First of all: they need more free slots!!! They have many less slots respect to the other companies and If someone wants to try all the units then all his slots will be taken (unless he's lvl17 so he'll have just 1 free slot) and he can't try different combinations, like you can do in the other armies.

- It is necessary to allow to select between ALL the units when a rebalancing is neeeded (this is true for all armies), not only the one preselected for the match: without this many times the resulting matches are completely unbalanced towards their enemies.

- The Basic unit "Fang Warrior" costs too few APs for its effectiveness: an army of 4 "Fang Warriors" is more effective than an army of 2 Predator of Bloods for more or less the same AP cost. It should be worth about 10AP more.

- Reduce the AP of the Wolfen Lonewolf of about 40AP and his STR of 2 points, put Ring of Mist as the second lvl ability instead of Counter-attack and make it like Ring of Ice (so that can be cast on other Wolfen units). Eliminate counter-attack and ambidestrous that are pretty useless and never selected with a unit of DEF 7 and STR 9. Change ambidestrous with another ability that may improve the effectiveness of "internal rage", so that an "anti-mage" path may be a possible alternative to the "reg-heal" path. Making it the supporting low AP unit that the Wolfen army needs badly and also fitting the rebalancing problem.

- Wolfen with Crossbow, Grave Guardian, Wolfen Hunter and Guardian of the Runes skill trees are interesting with many alternatives possible, their AP is more or less balanced.

- The Predator of Blood costs maybe a bit too much APs at low lvl, but then he becomes a killing machine at lvl 4.

In general, all the games I played without having to modify my APs to fit the enemy's ones have been more or less balanced. Only exception: Lion Army with 2 Paladins, 3 Archers lvl2 and 2 Mages. My base Wolfen group with 4 different Wolfens could never come near them before being obliterated: the mages fall back charging their mana for 2-3 turns and then killing more or less a unit each in a burst of mana, the paladins blocked the main ways obtaining free attacks on my Wolfens hurring towards the enemy archers/mages, the archers made devasting damages before being killed. Probably to counter that formation is to be used a formation with 3 Wolfen Archers + many Fang Warriors (low cost units!), however it is impossible to try with so few slots without sacrifing more expensive units or the diversity of the army!!! :(

Have a nice day,

Almanro

Kvarkin

Re: Suggestions on Wolfen Army

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 6:36 pm

It is necessary to allow to select between ALL the units when a rebalancing is neeeded (this is true for all armies), not only the one preselected for the match: without this many times the resulting matches are completely unbalanced towards their enemies.

I am totally agree.

Return to General Forum