It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

My personal statistics and first look at the balance.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Kvarkin

My personal statistics and first look at the balance.

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Hello, everyone!

Firstly about statistics. I'm top-20 now with 35-14 wins-losses, and had another company with about 35 games played earlier, so it is about 100 games (including unranked) I yet played PvP, so I thought it is quite enough to make first findings about the balance. And yes, I played "Baronies of Acheron" 95% of my games.

And my first thesis is that Wolves are disbalanced. I don't want to compare separate units (necro and wolves, for example), I just show my statistics in the context of factions:

1. Against other necros (Baronies of Acheron) I won all of my matches, including all high level necro players I met. So I conclude, that my company is strong and competetive.
2. Against humans (Kingdom of Alahan) I lose most (if not all) of my matches against high level players (because of A. human archers, which way more effective at long range comparing to skeleton archers on account of ATT/RAP ratio; and B. human mages with high damaging multicasted spell). I win most (not all) of my matches against newbie companies and players.
3. Against wolves (Children of Yllia) I lost all of my matches against high level players. And many matches against newbies. The most significant match was against "69633" player, that was his very first PvP match, he didn't use any stance at all for whole match, and he crushed my company. Unfortunately, I didn't start to record my matches that day, I'd show this record with great pleasure.

I cant say anything about "Humans vs Wolves" matchup, but I'm strongly sure for now, that Wolves are incomparably stronger than Necros.

By the way, I just started to record my broadcasts on twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/kvarkin/), so soon there should be a lot of matchups to look and see into balance issues.

I bealive, most crucial of these balance issues should be solved until open beta. My very first suggestion how to bring Wolves closer to balance, without destroying current idea of them, is to implement high penalty for second attack of "born killer" ability, let's say -6 penalty for second attack (for start). Another way to "balance" them somehow, is to move this faction to all way paid one (choosing this faction and buying new units cost cyans instead of ducats)... however, that is not the idea, that community would like much =)

I'd love to participate any balance testing matchups if any. And until then I may suggest to see into my records on twitch, which I'll highlight.

Thank you for listening to community.
I wish you every success.

P.S.
I'm waiting for "the shop" real bad, so I could buy another company slot to be able to play for all three factions =)
Last edited by Kvarkin on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kvarkin

Re: My personal statistics and first look at the balance.

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Oh, actually I have one matchup "Necros vs Wolves" recorded:

http://ru.twitch.tv/kvarkin/c/3176109

There I play with starting kit of Wolves! At the start of the match I easy kill 1 unit, but lost anyway.

Btw, at 11:20 on that video you can see another example of lacking "choose path to charge" aptitude =)

Kvarkin

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 am

Managed to kill high level (Top-6) wolven army!
It happened mostly because of his mistakes, my rolling luck, enormous forethought and my friend Roompa's inspiration. =) And yes, I had 9 units against his 3 (both worthed ~ 400 AP in summary).

Here is the video (first 5 mins is enough to watch):

http://ru.twitch.tv/kvarkin/c/3177496

The best thing about wolves are quick fights =)

Kvarkin

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 8:17 am

Another failed try to compete 1st level wolven units.

http://www.twitch.tv/kvarkin/c/3178168

Even with 4 times in a row 60%ed attacks succeeded at start.

rasta

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 8:43 am

I think vs Wolfs good company is whyt strong male units like Crane Warrior and few Dark Paladins, when i get to that lvl i will try this combination, btw wolfs archers are OP strong, hit my Crane for 10 + dmg when any other unit hit it for 4.

BTW you can add me for practice matches

rastarpg.

Izno

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for your feedback ! Clearly Born Killer makes the Wolfens hard to balance..

Your proposition to have a malus on second attack is interesting ;)

Kvarkin

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Highlighted more videos on my twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/kvarkin/profile
Including few games against high leveled Wolven armies.

I started to win them a lot (thanks to Roompa, who inspired my new build)

Deep Blue

PostSun Dec 01, 2013 9:16 pm

I play undead too and i guess i've played around 60 games. I've yet to test lot the gargoyle and the legendary unit however i've a good idea overall.

About your balance, in my case :

undead are severly underrepresented, so i do not have too many info about it. About wolven: generally if they play a rush warband i normally win. Always check their sprint/attack radius and be ready to back up your units if they charge it. Morbid puppets are great in that match up, especially if pumped by a black paladin. What i cannot beat is a wolven warband with crossbowmen with harassment stance. THis is extremely true especially when they queue 200-250 AP army and you dont have enough unit to surround them (separating your units = dead vs wolven) and they constantly shoot you and then go back to cover, over and over again. As undead you are pretty much screwed as often you dont move fast enough.

About lion: mixed results, still didn't manage to beat any warband with a chimera...i feel like the fact they always (more or less) start first has a high impact. Other than that i feel like they are balanced
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Return to General Forum