It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Friend list Chat bug.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Kvarkin

Friend list Chat bug.

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Friend list shows your "friend invitations" as well. You can't see if those players (whom you sent invitations) are online (they all appear to be offline with grey bulb near nickname) and it is okay.

The bug is that if that guy is actually online you see a context menu by clicking. This contex menu contains possibilities to start private chat and to challange. And "Chat" buttons works incorrect: it always starts the private chat with another online friend from your list, not the one you click on.

What I think, is that you should NOT see this options in context menu, even if that guy is online, since he is not your friend yet. So it should be set to only "Remove from buddy list" for all non-friends in list independently of online status!

Bousk

Site Admin

Re: Friend list Chat bug.

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi,

could you take a screenshot ?
That's a very strange and unwanted behavior and I'm surprised we never noticed it.

Btw, friend-list tab has been reworked for the next version and this issue should disappear.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Kvarkin

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Here you go, Bousk:

Firstly I click "Beakho" from my list. (pic #1)
Then I see context menu and click "Chat". (pic #2)
Then I see private chat started with "Couça", who is 1st in my list by alphabetical order (pic #3)

So when I click on 2nd non-friend from my list and then "Chat", so private chat starts with my 2nd friend by alphabetical order. =)

And, btw, just found a new issue: "Szopenrock" seems to be online (he is using main chain right now) and in my buddy list it says "11 day(s) ago". New pic is attached too.

=====
That stupid phpBB shows 2nd attachment above the 1st one =Р srry for that.
Attachments
BuddyList 2.jpg
BuddyList 2.jpg (21.45 KiB) Viewed 5030 times
BuddyList.jpg
BuddyList.jpg (69.41 KiB) Viewed 5030 times

Bousk

Site Admin

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks for the quick feedback :o

Did you notice if private chat opened depends on the scrollbar position ? Or the first invitation always opens the first friend in list ?
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Kvarkin

PostSun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 pm

I checked several times. I can't find any dependence. But it seems, that on 1st try to start chat with somebody who is not in your list, it starts chat with the 1st guy from your list, who is online.

And what I see everytime, is that my "Invitation of friend in progress" list is always rearranged after my "chat" attempts.

Return to General Forum