It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 9:23 pm

Suggestion: modify the effects of "mortal insolence"

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

gigiuns

Suggestion: modify the effects of "mortal insolence"

PostMon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm

This is the text of ability mortal insolence:
"until the end of the turn, any injury suffered by the faithful is ignored, and enables it to recover 10 health points"

I think that a smart player will not directly hit a faithful that activate this ability because it's completely useless.
Maybe the faithful could suffer only an area damage, so the 10 health points gained for each injury ignored are not so useful.

I propose a gain of only 10 health points regardless the injuries, or alternatively, duration of effect increased to two turns and no gain of health points.

Sogar

Re: Suggestion: modify the effects of "mortal insolence"

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 pm

I guess the description could be clearer but the effect is very good as of right now.
It's basically an invulnerability spell that heals you depending hits you suffer (and you should suffer at least one).

Yeah, basically it punishes players who does not read the description ... I can't really decide if it's a bad thing.

One possibility is (as you said) :
"Until the end of the turn, the faithful is immune to all damages. At the end of the turn he gains 10 health point."

It will still punishes players but at least it's not ambiguous anymore. Getting only 10 HP from it is what you are supposed to get so it's not that big of a nerf.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi ! In fact, we believe this spell is pretty strong.
Just imagine its use when you are attacking, not defending. Like, against a Golem ;)
Dogs of War Online - Developper

gigiuns

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 10:59 am

I think one turn is not enaugh to inflict considerable damages to a golem... maybe it could be a way to running out without taking damage! :mrgreen:

It's true that attacking, he gain an automatic risposte attack from the enemy. But forcing the enemies to attack him,
with a combination of stance and movements, he could gain also 40 health point and more.

So, this ability is extremely useful if you force the enemy to attack you.
But if the enemy could choose, would hit? :mrgreen:

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 pm

No, but that is the whole point.

Mortal insolence, as its name indicates, is a Miracle that allows the Faithful to stay alive one more turn, no matter what.
Most of the time, its opponents wouldn't care about that and trade blows with other foes... but sometimes, such luxury is not an option 8-)

Also, as Legu pointed out, it can also be used offensively with great effectiveness.
Overall, we feel (on the dev team part), that it's a nice little Miracle for our Wolfen friends ;)

Of course, we will continue to read your answers and take your feedback ; so if you feel there is something wrong, do not hesitate to tell us !
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Return to General Forum