It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Some feedback

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Mnk

Some feedback

PostSun Oct 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey there, It's Mnk. I've found out about the game 2 days ago seeing it in the upcoming games list on steam and been playing it a bit through the weekend so I figured I drop by and leave some thoughts. The interracial balance seems pretty good so far, though I think there might be a few issues inside the armies.
- Ram's Black Paladins seem kinda underwhelming, the starting miracle only affects Black Paladins and lasts for those whooping 3 turns while costing nothing to activate, so it has 100% uptime in any imaginable case, so while it implies investing AP into more BP it also punishes it at the same time, making the extra miracles pointless. Not like that's a huge balance issue but the double BP double priest starting setup feels really shit to me. Every setup based on double necros or even mass t1 units is much more versatile and plays better.
- Lions' setups all feel inferior to Lion Knight +3 mage/archer combination while the latter looks prety solid and balanced. Seems like a little lack of setup diversity.
-I think card cost can be lowered to 1k to promote experimenting with different setups instead of saving up for cards to insure yourself against an unlucky death streak.
-Please make some sort of indicator for Morbid Puppets relating them to their summoner, at times it gets really confusing when you have 2+ lvl 4 necros.
-Ram's racial command only rewards using skeleton/necro heavy setups. Considering the army has many of non-skeleton units, it doesn't really feel right.
-I've only been playing against wolfs without trying them out myself but from what I can see there's no reason not to have atleast one archer, all the rune guardian/melee only setups feel much weaker on any map.

Other than that the interface and chat are kinda whacky but since you're still in cbt these are not the primary issues.
Speaking of cbt, I've looked through the initial key giveaway sites, there are none to be found anymore. Is there any way to get into the closed beta past this weekend? The game is pretty fun and I feel i could give some useful insight on balance and stuff after playing it for a while. ;)

BlackDoom

Re: Some feedback

PostSun Oct 20, 2013 10:51 pm

yea the morbid pupets need to have a indicator to what necro they come from, that is the main reason I stopped playing the undead,

Now that I play the wolfens, If my AP is only a bit higher than my opponents I have to give up a wolf, which is a huge deal,
because having 3 wolfens, instead of the normal 4 will be a guranteed lost 90% of them, and it has nothing to do with the AP, it has do with ME BEING OUT NUMBERED, seriously, have you tried going against an army of 6 or 7 with only 3 wolves? its freaking impossible :( .

I also want a beta key, please, I love contributing in betas and giving feed back, I've done so for many other online games :)

Izno

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am

Hi,

We are glad you liked the game and thanks for your feedback !

I'm afraid we don't distribute keys anymore for the moment. We will keep you updated here and on the Facebook page if anything changes ;)

Mnk

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 4:39 pm

An update here, your number one priority should be tweaking the matchmaking, it's totally whacked. :(

-Today I've been matched against an opponent in such a way that NONE of the possible combinations of my 3 units were fitting the allowed AP range, I've ended up playing with full army.

-Machmaking obviously works completely based on AP, thus I've been matched against a certain Ram player whooping 8 times in a row, he didn't win a single one because he had an obviously inferior army despite having a very similar composition and fitting into the set matchmaking AP range. That must have been a real fun-ruining expirience. If this is the case because of relatively low population at the moment, guess we'll have to bear with it, If not, you really should think of something.

-As long as the matchmaking haven't been optimised, an option to refuse the match during the AP adjustment screen would be very nice, or atleast an opportunity to see the enemy setup during it. While versatility should still remain the core concept of a strong setup, reducing the rock-paper-scissors factor wouldn't hurt i think.

-Edit: I am constantly getting matched in those other two shitty game modes, even though I've never selected them.

I consider the issues above being pretty major.
Going to keep updating this thread should I stumble upon anything else.
Hope it helps,
Mnk
Last edited by Mnk on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faraon

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 pm

-originally in the the table top the lower player could take some balancing artifacts/mercenaries (similar to inducements in Blood Bowl) so it was easier too keep the points comparable

-I wolds rather see non AP matching, just win/lose and game type and expanded per game adjustment abilities (inducements from above), making your roster good and elastic is also part of the game

-there's a point to hidden setup and only showing you the points, some of the units play much better against others

Return to General Forum