It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 pm

[Feedback] Some changes need to be done

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

darklighto

[Feedback] Some changes need to be done

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Basically the game is all about pay2win, sure you can grind the points on your own but it costs a ridiculous amount of time so its way faster to just buy everything you need and pwn noobs. The game has potential but not with this pay2win model.
I know you guys need to get some money, but dont overtune the amount you need to grind to buy things. People dont like to pay for things in order to play for real.
My suggestion would be: 1. lower the price for units so you dont need to grind that many points
2. no injurys, its just another stupid system to let you pay to "repair" your units
3. instead of just paying for units you could make different kind of skins
for units that can only buy with real money

Also there must be done some heavy balancing. Undead can sumon a shitload of skeletons, wolf race can attack twice and the only thing the human race can do is fucking heal for only 5 health, totally useless compared to the other races. Give the mages some more spells to cast, to make the decision what you want to do more interesting. Mages are currently just another dmg source or "buff your own units" thingy. Why not givce them the possibility to alter the terrain or let them do a "ultimate attack" once per game. Anything that makes them more interesting

I maybe will come back to this game if it is ever fixed, as of currently its no fun to play.

Quickdraw

Re: [Feedback] Some changes need to be done

PostSun Oct 20, 2013 9:51 am

Basicly its all true, but if injuries could heal them self in time and fate cards would be to hurry up the process ?
I thinnk this could change a good game to better game.

Sogar

PostSun Oct 20, 2013 12:52 pm

I honestly disagree with all your points but the one about skins.

Right now, I find all races to be pretty balanced (which seems to be the case looking at the ladder even if it does not show much) ... the problem will lie with the introduction of the other 6 races IMO.

The Lion army is the most versatile, the most reliable, have a good nuke capability and have the initiative most of the time which is pretty big.

I guess we can't all agree on everything so it's alright.

Almanro

PostSun Oct 20, 2013 3:40 pm

I too disagree with the points described by darklighto, e.g. just now I won a 3x3 match with only lvl 1-2 units with Lions against Wolfens and many other times I got owned by Lions Armies while playing with my Wolfens or Acherons!

Moreover at the current moment is not at all a pay2win! Many times you can lost matches against combos with only very low cost units and also you can accumulate a good amount of money when you'll be of a sufficient high lvl to send your units to the Kidnapping mission (about 2500 gold every 2-3 days). Moreover now they also reduced the cost of Fate Cards from 2k to 1.5k.

If you just play and win matches with your basic units, usually when you arrive to a lvl in which you unblock a new unit you have all the money needed to buy it (Wolfen excluded) with only a couple of wounds to your units (moreover, it's not always necessary to use Fate cards: e.g if your mage loses points in ATT or STR it's not necessary to heal him!).

On the other hand, the matchmatching requires a bit of work for mainly the Wolfen army: all units have AP values in the interval 90-120 AP, so if you have to take out units it becomes difficult to balance it (you can also not choose among the ones you kept outside). A new Wolfen unit with low APs (about 50) could help to solve the issue (e.g. the Animae Sylvestre or an allied Daikinee Elf).

Have a nice day,

Almanro

BlackDoom

PostSun Oct 20, 2013 11:03 pm

as every one said, the factions are mostly balanced, you just have to know how to play them properly, for example, if you are wolves and going against an undead army with necros, you really should just avoid their morbid skelletons, you should attack their main units and then attack the necros and kill them, cuz morbids are puppets and what is the use of a puppet when the puppeteer dies?

Humans also have a lot of units with pretty decent DEF/ATT and as a wolf player, I'm very scared of them because of their shear numbers, if you don't act quick and dliver initial blows, with every turn they will be in a better situation than you again, for their shear numbers, and unlike the undead, they don't have puppets, you have to kill ALL of them in order to win the game, in my opinion, they are a bit OVER powered, not under powered

Izno

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 am

Hi,

First, thanks for your input !

As for balance, I will let the developpers comment further on this one, but I do believe every race has its strongs points and weaknesses. Of course some units and scenarios are not just there yet, but we're getting there ;)
Same for injuries and fates cards, I'm sure there is a right spot for them.

As for Pay2Win, I have to disagree. The game's Army Points system naturally prevents Pay2Win : any addition you make with real money to your company, it being new units or items, will increase your AP. You will then be facing armies of equivalent AP or close.

This doesn't always feel true because the matchmaking may need some tweaking, and the system works tends to work better when companies get bigger.

Return to General Forum