It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

Feedback.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

mathmix

Feedback.

PostTue Oct 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi, I started playing Dogs of War yesterday. I'm enjoying it, so far, but there's something worrying me: Unit Injuries!
I played only few matches and already "had" to spend 2 of those "Fate Cards". The problem is not "having" to use this item, the problem is a "Fate Card" cost is 2000 Ducats and each match you win, you get only around 200 Ducats. So, if I lose 10 matches, and two or more units die or get injuried, every match after this, will be harder and I will not have enough Ducats to replace that unit or buy a "Fate Card". Now that I'm getting weaker and losing units, how can I get to "rise my army" again?

I think that this is the only problem I see in the game right now. My suggestion is either:

1-Lowering the units cost.
2-Lowering "Fate Cards" cost.
3-Rising Ducats per match.

What do you guys think? I'm kinda new in the game, so maybe this is just the "begginer struggle" of the game.
(Sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language).

Almanro

Re: Feedback.

PostTue Oct 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi,

in the French forum they said that the probability of getting your units injuried after a fight was bugged after last update, so that now is a multiplicative factor greater than what it should be! They said they'll fix it in next patch, so at the moment I'm waiting for it and playing only with a "sacrifical" team that I don't care if it will be wounded or decimated (I'll disband and restart it after they'll have fixed things, but in the meantime I try basic compositions without using fate cards to not waste them! ;) )

Have a nice evening,

Almanro

mathmix

PostTue Oct 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Hmn, thank you! Aw, I used mine xD

Radoshi

PostSat Oct 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Been playing the stress test :)

So far the game is great except for a couple things that bothered me a little.

#1- Every melee unit counter attacks after being hit... I think a counter attack should be a level-up option on units instead of always having it. It's kinda boring when i hit you and you just hit me back.. When you have a unit with like 5 hp left... ur just attacking with him to get 1 hit in and then ur counter attacked and he dies... It drives me to make 1 unit a suicder to do as much damage as he can before he dies so that others can get kills without taking damage back.. It's a bad system.. But that's my opinion

#2- There should be a minimum to how much AP you're supposed to bring to the battle. Or maybe sub-options when you choose a mode for certain AP battles. For example... i select deathmatch, and then choose 250-300. Meaning you have to have an army of that size to fight against me.. I tried it out... and you can enter a battle with like a 174 army.. consisting of 4 skeleton soldiers and 2 skeleton archers.. Your opponent is now forced to downscale his army. If he has guys leveled up and the new talents cost AP.. he has to drop out some of his strongest guys. I was able to fight only 2 wolfen with an army of 6.. Surround them... game over.. easy. I felt like i was cheating. Also.. you should be rewarded for leveling up your units.. not penalized for them costing more ap now.

Other than that... the game is great. I played for about 5 hours and look forward to playing more! I hope to see some 2v2 deathmatches, more factions, and definately more maps in the future. Thank you

P.S. Are there any plans to add elevation? Like.. being able to have your units at higher positions?

Return to General Forum