It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 am

Any questions about the game?

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

JollyParty

Any questions about the game?

PostThu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Hello everybody!
I just tried this game and I liked it even though it is managed by french people :D
but I have a few questions about the game because I didnt find any infos on the site:
how can I unlock other factions? for example i saw that in Path of Destiny there are three different races how can I use them?
isnt the fate card too expensive?
what is the unit injury criteria based on?
what will be available in Packs and Home in the store?
will there be any rewards for reaching a top rank position?
when is the next updating patch date?
will a profile or units customization be introduced?
Anyway you did a good job! the game has amazing design and gameplay mechanics and i hope you will keep working on this way! Pls forgive my bad inglisc :mrgreen:

Izno

Re: Any questions about the game?

PostFri Oct 11, 2013 10:20 am

JollyParty wrote:Hello everybody!
I just tried this game and I liked it even though it is managed by french people :D

We french are very involved in this industry, not only are there several french studios making great and famous games, but there are plenty of french people working in the gaming industry around the world. Our game design schools are very good too ;)

JollyParty wrote:how can I unlock other factions? for example i saw that in Path of Destiny there are three different races how can I use them?

At start, you have two company slots, and a third can be unlocked. You can create and erase companies from each of the races as much as you want. For each of the 3 races, 3 basics comps around 250 PA are available.
I will try to make screen later on if needed, but you should find this option in the company section. Try to mess around a bit, I'm sure you will find it :)

JollyParty wrote:isnt the fate card too expensive?

It is still in testing, and we are collecting feedback. It is could be too expensive or units may die too often. in any case, thanks for your input.

JollyParty wrote:what is the unit injury criteria based on?

Edit : we don't want to give the full mechanics away, but let's say a unit is more likely to be injured if it dies during the game. At this point, units are injured too often, and the ratio is very likely to be adjusted a lot in the future until it feels right.

JollyParty wrote:what will be available in Packs and Home in the store?

Still in discussion, will be revealed in time.

JollyParty wrote:will there be any rewards for reaching a top rank position?

Not planned at the moment, could change.

JollyParty wrote:when is the next updating patch date?

When it's ready ! we don't make annoucement ahead, patches are frequent.

JollyParty wrote:will a profile or units customization be introduced?

Each unit has a profile, and names can be customised trough something to buy with in-game money or real money. Further customisation options could be introduced later, but there is nothing we can announce now.

JollyParty wrote:Anyway you did a good job! the game has amazing design and gameplay mechanics and i hope you will keep working on this way! Pls forgive my bad inglisc :mrgreen:

Thank you ;-)

JollyParty

PostFri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Ok thank you very much for answering my questions readily and sorry if some of them are a bit nosy but I was too curious!
That one of french people was an innocent joke ;) I do really appreciate your work.

Izno

PostFri Oct 11, 2013 2:10 pm

JollyParty wrote:Ok thank you very much for answering my questions readily and sorry if some of them are a bit nosy but I was too curious!
That one of french people was an innocent joke ;) I do really appreciate your work.

No problem with asking questions, don't hesitate. We try our best to answer, when we can. You have every right to be curious, and it shows you are really interested in the game, which we appreciate !

I expected it was a joke, but as these comments are sometime serious on the net, I made a safe answer :p
(Maybe there was some national pride there too.. ^^)

faraon

PostMon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 pm

what is the turn limit on the king of the hill mode?
also what is the math on deciding who gets the control point, it looks like more AP but I'm not sure

Return to General Forum