It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm

Members introductions

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Dabi

Re: Members introductions

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 am

@ Jolly Roger
Thx :)
I already sent PM with information. If I consider that I have enough time to be usefull for betatest. I will join. For a while I wait for detail information.

Orochi

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 11:55 am

Hi

Recently joined the beta test so thought I would say hi here first and thanks for the invite.

I used to play confrontation back in 3rd Ed but sadly only a few months before Rackham went under. I still collect a Wolfen army and am slowly painting it when I have time. I played the other Confrontation game and while the campaign was ok the lack of people on multiplayer and no option to play against an AI meant that it wasn't as good as it could have been imho. I'm hoping that Dogs of War will rectify this and from my initial experience with the beta it looks quite good and brings back memories of the tabletop game.

I tend to go by Orochi on most forums so have kept with the trend here.

Spattercat

PostTue Aug 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Spattercat here, eager to mix it up with all you fine folks! Thanks!

Venom

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 9:22 am

Hello

I was a Confrontation miniatures player 8-).
(no more tin miniatures!)
(not all what Rackham did is ok especially game ballance) .

Confrontation had more fractions but 3 fratkion in Dogs of War Online are ok for the start. Lions of Alahan all the WAY or Alchemist of Dirz!!!!!

I would appreciate a beta invite.

Greetings from Germany!

Husqvarna

PostSun Aug 11, 2013 11:17 am

Hi all!

I'm Husqvarna, player from poland and a very big fan of Confrontation universe and miniature game for years. Played a lot with Sessairs Clan barbarians.

I believe that this game project will raise the Conf from ashes and more people will have a chance to join the unique atmosphere of battle.

Let's reanimate this brilliant game ;)

Jolly Roger

Site Admin

PostSun Aug 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi everybody and welcome! Nice to Confrontation old fans here! :)
Dogs of War Online - Communication Manager - Community Manager

Emissary

PostTue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Hey all,

I'm really just here looking for something interesting to play with my guild while we wait for the next big MMO.

Never played confrontation, but I keep being tempted each time I visit my FLGS!

Atrapa Almas

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello all,

This is Atrapa Almas. I have been playing turn based strategy games for many years. From Risk, Mechwarrior, Blood Bowl, some Warhamer...

Entering in the online games era, I have played Pox Nora, Dofus, Wakfu... and some cards games like "Carte Online".

Currently I play some Blood Bowl. Its the strategy game with more replay value I have ever seen.

I got in touch with Confrontation miniatures due to their quality, I even have some wolfens and kelts from the first editions. Unfortunally I never played the game, but the game system was really apealing.

I still dont have a beta key, but either getting it or waiting for the open beta launch is OK. I want to play this game and will try to give some feedback.

From the videos I have seen of the game, I think the evolution of the troops could take some ideas from Pox Nora troops evolution.

Also, for a game that does not aim to be an e-sport with perfect balance, it is importan to give more weight to "how do you manage your troops in battle" than "how well do you optimice your troops composition and skills before battle start". You could take some ideas from Blood Bowl here, a lot of aleatory things and chances to lost turns to make sure that nobody can know who will win by just seing their troops at the first turn.

I think you are taking very little risks in how you have choosen the diferent faction troops. They all seems pretty similar at first view. Infantery, Archers, Mages, Clerics, Some kind of beast. Although they are different they all seems quite similar at first view, with small differences. But the overall gameplay seems quite similar for all factions. I dont see a very diferent "feeling" on how to do things when people is using one or another faction. Again I recomend taking one day to try Pox Nora different factions to check the "feelings". You could discover some ideas.

Happy 2014 by the way. =)

Deep Blue

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Atrapa Almas wrote:Hello all,

This is Atrapa Almas. I have been playing turn based strategy games for many years. From Risk, Mechwarrior, Blood Bowl, some Warhamer...

Entering in the online games era, I have played Pox Nora, Dofus, Wakfu... and some cards games like "Carte Online".

Currently I play some Blood Bowl. Its the strategy game with more replay value I have ever seen.

I got in touch with Confrontation miniatures due to their quality, I even have some wolfens and kelts from the first editions. Unfortunally I never played the game, but the game system was really apealing.

I still dont have a beta key, but either getting it or waiting for the open beta launch is OK. I want to play this game and will try to give some feedback.

From the videos I have seen of the game, I think the evolution of the troops could take some ideas from Pox Nora troops evolution.

Also, for a game that does not aim to be an e-sport with perfect balance, it is importan to give more weight to "how do you manage your troops in battle" than "how well do you optimice your troops composition and skills before battle start". You could take some ideas from Blood Bowl here, a lot of aleatory things and chances to lost turns to make sure that nobody can know who will win by just seing their troops at the first turn.

I think you are taking very little risks in how you have choosen the diferent faction troops. They all seems pretty similar at first view. Infantery, Archers, Mages, Clerics, Some kind of beast. Although they are different they all seems quite similar at first view, with small differences. But the overall gameplay seems quite similar for all factions. I dont see a very diferent "feeling" on how to do things when people is using one or another faction. Again I recomend taking one day to try Pox Nora different factions to check the "feelings". You could discover some ideas.

Happy 2014 by the way. =)

hey i'm sure that if you PM Jolly roger she might be able to grant your wish :) about your concern with the different factions i do see different strategies for all 3 of them. I did not play Pox Nora however i was blessed with a beta key and played 100+ hours of the game.
As a very rough idea:

-Wolven : the offensive race that aims to rush you and finish you quickly in melee. It has very high mobility and each unit is much stronger than the other 2 factions however they also cost more AP and they are always outnumbered.
-Lion: their strategy is much more proactive thanks to the fact they usually move first . They also favor defensive strategy and have units with the highest defence and powerful ranged units . They generally benefit from playing the defensive game rather than the offensive one.
-Ram (undead) : the common strategy is the war of attrition, you generally overwhelm the enemy with weak units . By their nature they are more reactive than proactive as they will always start last. They are slow but inexorable :)

so far i feel they all offer different strategies and there is lot of room to customize them...and soon there will be even more with the updates :)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Atrapa Almas

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you Deep Blue,

Already sent a pm to jolly =)

What I mean by a different "army feeling" is different mechanics for each faction.

For example, the more "offensive" mechanic of the wolfen seems to come from their atributes and skills, so if you took some Archeron units that had those same atributes and skills you would "play as a wolfen". The only "faction rule" that seems to be different (for what I have seen in the videos) is the "tide of the undead vs the nature thing". That is the only real difference that is not coming from atributes or skills.

Lets imagine that every Archeron Unit will "come back to live" after 3 turns of having been killed if there is at least one "legendary unit alive". That would change totally the way Archeron are played. Of course they would have to redo the AP balance and probably adjust skills but that kind of "army rule" would set each army "feeling" totally appart from the others.

Wolfens could enter into a frenzy state for 1 turn after any wolfen of their pack is killed (for example), that would make the wolfen army "feeling" totally different from Archeron. Not just because of the stats of the troops.

That also happens in Guild Wars 2 classes, you can be a damage dealer with a thief, a necromancer, an elementalist or a warrior, but they way you play them to do that damage is totally different. So there is a class that will suit your playstile.

I dont see (yet) those "army mechanics" implemented here, maybe they are in a more subtle way, but to me all armies can be played very similar depending just on your troops number, atributes and skills.
PreviousNext

Return to General Forum